Totally Thames is an annual season of surprising, diverse and accessible arts and culture throughout the month of September along the 42-mile stretch of the Thames. It is curated and managed by the Thames Festival Trust, working collaboratively with artists, local communities, river interest organisations and businesses.
We operate an open access programme so everyone is welcome to join in, whether you’re a professional or visiting artist, arts organisation, community group or a first-timer who wants to try a new idea. To get involved in our annual celebration of the River Thames we’re looking for events that could be indoors and outdoors, pop-up or provide opportunities to discover and explore the river.
Our criteria for inclusion in the 2018 programme is:
We are looking for unique, accessible and creative events this year that respond to:
- Explore unusual, hidden or untold story connected to the River Thames
- Have audience engagement and participation at their heart
- Raise awareness of plastic pollution in the River Thames
We particularly welcome project and event submissions from artists, creatives or curators who are:
- Emerging or early-career under 30
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME)
Watch the Totally Thames 2017 Highlights
MAKING A SUBMISSION
Submissions need to be made online by Friday 6 April, please note we are unable to accept any submissions after this date.
- Totally Thames 2018 Open Call Submission Guidance