Following the Thames Sailing Barge Parade on Saturday, you are invited to step aboard and learn about their rich history with the pop-up Museum that explores the history of these majestic vessels.
There will be something for all ages to enjoy including:
- Docklands Museum who will provide a family based activity connected to barges and the river Thames
- The Society of Sailing Barge Research will have photography and memorabilia of barges trading and being unloaded in the London DocksModel Barges will be on display and sailing about in the dock itself
- A display of authentic Cargos that the barges used to carry; from wheat to bricks
- Shipwrights, Sailmakers, Riggers, Knot Tyers will be displaying their skills connected to the barges
- Chaff-Cutter Books will have many books connected to barges and their history
- Barge Trusts, Barge Owners and Chartering Companies available to discuss sailing opportunities