Totally Thames takes place over the month of September and brings the river to life via an exciting season of arts, cultural and river events throughout the 42-mile stretch of the Thames in London.
The programme is promoted widely both nationally and internationally and with our partner organisations. In 2015, 2.6 million people attended over 150 Totally Thames events and the London-wide marketing and PR campaign achieved a reach of 124 million people.
Totally Thames is endorsed and supported by The Mayor of London, London First, Arts Council England, Port of London Authority and all 17 London boroughs with a riverfront. It is organised and delivered by Thames Festival Trust. The charitable trust has a 17-year track record in delivering high quality river and riverfront events including the Thames Festival and The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Pageant.
We aspire to:
- Increase visitation to the multiple assets and attractions on the Thames in London
- Be widely acknowledged as the best season of river events in the world
What we do:
- Commission highly distinctive, artistic, river, foreshore and waterfront interventions.
- Installations, exhibitions, performances and animations in river environments.
- Riverfront festivals and celebrations.
- A programme of river cruises in the company of inspirational speakers.
- A series of talks and walks in river locations.
- River races, regattas and rallies and the visits of extraordinary vessels.
- Education and outreach programmes to foster a greater understanding and appreciation of the river’s history, environment and ecology.
- Promote Thames leisure pursuits like walking, running, cycling, swimming, fishing, mud-larking, rowing, kayaking, paddle boarding, cruising and sailing.
- Encourage the use of river transport and visitation to the many Thames assets: parks and open spaces, places to eat and drink by the river, heritage and arts attractions.