Totally Thames takes place over the month of September and brings the river to life via an exciting season of arts, cultural and river events throughout the 42-mile stretch of the Thames in London.
In 2016 we attracted 2.2 million people, programmed over 120 events and the London-wide marketing and PR campaign achieved a reach of 124 million people.
Totally Thames is endorsed and supported by The Mayor of London, London First, Arts Council England, Port of London Authority and 17 London boroughs with a riverfront. It is organised and delivered by Thames Festival Trust. The charitable trust has a 19-year track record in delivering high quality river and riverfront events including the Thames Festival and The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Pageant.
We aspire to:
- Increase visitation to the multiple assets and attractions on the Thames in London
- Be widely acknowledged as the best season of river events in the world
What we do:
- Commission highly distinctive, artistic, river, foreshore and waterfront interventions.
- Installations, exhibitions, performances and animations in river environments.
- Riverfront festivals and celebrations.
- A programme of river cruises in the company of inspirational speakers.
- A series of talks and walks in river locations.
- River races, regattas and rallies and the visits of extraordinary vessels.
- Education and outreach programmes to foster a greater understanding and appreciation of the river’s history, environment and ecology.
- Promote Thames leisure pursuits like walking, running, cycling, swimming, fishing, mud-larking, rowing, kayaking, paddle boarding, cruising and sailing.
- Encourage the use of river transport and visitation to the many Thames assets: parks and open spaces, places to eat and drink by the river, heritage and arts attractions.